ABOUT Oman Environmental Services Holding Co. - be'ah
- Oman Environmental Services Holding Company S.A.O.C (be'ah) was established in 2007.
- In 2009, Royal Decree No. 46/2009, granted be'ah the mandate and the legal status as the entity responsible for solid waste management in the Sultanate of Oman.
- be'ah’s vision strives towards conserving the environment of our beautiful Oman for future generations.
- be'ah's main objectives are to control the environmental damage incurred during traditional waste dumping processes, structure the waste management sector and its related services in a sustainable manner, develop the industry, and support the economy.
- be'ah works on moving towards sustainable waste management practices as per international standards by establishing the required infrastructure, restructuring the municipal waste collection services and increasing public awareness about waste management.
Who We Are
At be'ah, we invest in leading the change to put the waste management sector on its strongest possible foot for the future. We believe that by maximizing the effective utilization of our resources and minimizing the destructive environmental impacts, we build a solid foundation for both economic and environmental sustainability for our nation and future generations.
In an eﬀort to cope with waste issues that have evolved over the years, the Omani government enacted in 2006 and put in place a National Strategy Report to promote proper waste management practices, eﬀective use of resources, development of adequate infrastructure and implementation of sustainable goals to make a lasting impact on the country’s future.
The introduction of the National Strategy Report initiative brought with it the Royal Decree No. (2009/46) which mandated the establishment of Oman Environmental Services Holding Company (be’ah), with the aim of undertaking solid waste management and framing sustainability goals in terms of resource preservation in the Sultanate of Oman. Subsequently, be'ah took over the Healthcare Waste Treatment Facility and a budget was approved by the Ministry of Finance in 2012 to bring this goal to fruition.
To conserve the environment of our beautiful Oman for future generations
Together we develop the Waste Management Sector in Oman by providing safe, efficient and most economically and environmentally sustainable services in innovative ways thereby contributing to the overall economy.
We strongly believe that to achieve our vision, we need to operate in a sustainable way. Our culture and the way we operate are underpinned by the values of integrity, transparency, safety and community commitment. We are committed to proactively managing our environmental impacts, setting sustainable standards and creating lasting change for the Sultanate of Oman.
Ensure minimal risk to the environment, service providers and the community
Identify, develop, and implement optimal strategies and solutions in terms of effectiveness, cost and practicality
Educate, enthuse, and empower the sector and society at large to reduce, reuse and recycle
Harness new technologies and best practices for continuous improvement within the sector, associated industries, and the larger community
be'ah believes that to be successful, honesty and transparency with stakeholders are crucial. Looking at the nature of the industry, be'ah operates in stakeholders trust, which is why the company maintains an open, transparent two-way communication with parties.
We conduct our business in accordance with the highest standards of professional behavior and ethics. We are transparent, honest, and ethical in all our interactions with stakeholders.
We commit to treat others as we expect to be treated; we embrace each individual's unique talent, and value their diverse experience.